Monday, December 14, 2009

Half-Marathon!!!

While I usually reserve postings for stories and pics of the boys...I have to claim a short one as my own. I ran the Cellular South Half-Marathon (13.1 miles) this past Saturday. This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time! I am so glad I did it, and so glad it's done!!! :-) My official time was 2hrs 15mins 40secs. I was lucky to have Annie as a great running partner getting ready for it...it was her first half as well. We made it through really well despite the 38 degree rainy weather! And I had a wonderful surprise to see Wes and the boys at the finish. My parents were there as well, and I'd expected Wes and the boys to stay home due to the nasty weather. It was awesome to look up as I was coming in to the finish and see Wes. :-) Just had to post a couple pics of it.

Please note that I've added two new posts about the boys as well, titled 'Halloween and Thanksgiving' and 'SNOW and Will's 5th birthday'. They were both long, so you might have to click on either "older posts" at the bottom of the screen (scroll all the way down) or you should also see them in the "table of contents" list on the right side of your screen and can click on the individual titles. Make sure to see those!!!

finishing!!! I was GLAD to stop running!

My training partner, Annie, and me after the race.


My friend and running buddy, Scarlett!

No comments: