Because y'all have been with us through so many of the ups and downs over the last several years, I wanted to share what I considered a really great moment in my life with you all. As most of you likely remember, almost 4 years ago when I was in early pregnancy with Owen, we had a huge scare and thought that we'd started to lose (miscarriage) him. The next day I had a docs appt that simply left us unsure of what would happen next and what state Owen was in (we knew we hadn't fully miscarried but weren't sure what the next few days would hold). What we hadn't told anyone yet was that they'd also discovered a mass or lump that caused concern. We left the OB/GYN unsure of whether or not we'd continue to miscarry, and went straight to the radiologist where they could feel the mass, were concerned, but coudn't see it on ultrasound. So we had another "not sure what will happen" report. Our doctor advised us to go on and take a few days of vacation we'd had planned to Gulf Shores, so we did. We spent that weekend with heavy hearts, praying a lot, unsure of whether we were going to lose our baby and unsure of whether we could be looking at me having cancer. We did the only thing we knew to do, be quiet, be together and pray hard. We had our picture taken on that trip at LuLu's resteraunt in Gulf Shores. I treasure the picture b/c I remember what we were feeling at the time.

This past week, we got to go back to Gulf Shores with Wes' family...it's the first time we've been back since that weekend we were so heavy-hearted. We got to go to LuLu's again...this time with a VERY healthy Owen and a very healthy me. We got another picture...one I want to frame next to the one of Wes and me almost 4 years ago. It just hit me as we were getting ready to go to LuLu's this time...the powerful reminder that when we were most lost and confused, God was still most in control. And feeling so incredibly blessed to have a chance for a second picture (in the first, Owen was in my tummy) with my Young Warrior Honoring God, as Owen's name means. Just wanted to share. It was a great "full-circle" reminder of the goodness of God...and I'm so glad I wasn't too caught up in life to miss the reminder this week.
1 comment:
God is so good all the time!!
Post a Comment